Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day of the Surgery

June 15, 2012. I wasn't nervous. I wasn't scared. Just anxious.

My first surgery was on my left foot, on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th toes. I was knocked out for most of the surgery. I remember hearing the doctors' conversation about what is good and what is evil. It was actually a very interesting topic, I wish I could have participated but I was too drugged up lol.

When the surgery was over, they brought me to the recovery room for about an hour, to make sure everything was okay with me. At this point, I was very alert and I didn't feel a thing yet. I was given crutches and using them after the surgery was a bit difficult. Even though I wasn't feeling any pain, I didn't want to cause damage because Lord knows I'm a HUGE klutz! The ride home wasn't too bad until the anesthesia started to wear off and I began to feel my toes stinging. Luckily, we were on our way to pick up the medication.

To get to my apartment, I need to go up two and a half flights of stairs and it took me about 20 minutes. I ended up sitting on the stairs and using my legs to push me up. After that, I laid in my bed, elevated my foot, popped some meds, a took a little nap. For the rest of the day, the pain wasn't so bad. It was just stinging a bit.

I can already tell that the worst part about this recovery will have to be getting around on the crutches. I slept well that night, I was just uncomfortable because I'm so used to sleeping on my stomach..

No comments:

Post a Comment