Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 1

I woke up in a lot of pain! It was even more painful once I put my foot down and blood rushed to my feet as I made my way to the bathroom. I would rate the pain a 6 out of 10. Once I was back in bed and I elevated my foot, it didn't feel so bad. After I had breakfast and took a pain killer, I didn't feel anything! I laid in bed and watched some movies with my little brother (he's been a great little helper!).

One thing the doctors tell people who have this surgery is NOT TO SHOWER! Getting your foot wet while the incisions are still fresh and healing is a NO NO! However, I wasn't about to go 2 weeks without showering. NOPE! I immediately began to think of ways I can improvise. I ended up sitting on an upside down bucket with my foot outside of the shower and elevated on a chair. With that being said, I was able to shower. It was a bit awkward but its better than a bed bath!

I discovered that I can place a little bit of weight on my heel which made it easier for me to use the crutches and get around my apartment. I was scared at first but with the surgical boot, I'm not applying all the pressure directly on my foot. I was ecstatic! I went the entire day with little to no pain. I spent the day elevating my foot, and icing my toes and ankles every 20-30 minutes.

I'm sooooo curious to see what my toes look like!


I was bored and gave myself a pedi. It felt weird only doing one foot though lol. By the way, in 3 weeks, I will be getting the surgery on my other foot. I'm a brave woman, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment